Sunday, March 15, 2009

March madness

These last couple of weeks have been busy, busy, busy for the Badger household. I have found myself replying "tired" regularly when people ask me how I'm doing. It has been a transitional time for Cole with the move into day care, getting sick right off the bat, and welcoming at least 4 new teeth at the same time. Which has resulted in him being out of sorts much of the time and not sleeping well, which equals no one sleeping well. But I think we're pulling out of it -- please, god! I'm hopeful that the rest of March will be a bit calmer.

In addition to Cole starting day care, we've had lots of celebrations this month (birthdays, engagement parties, St. Patricks Day). And to add to all of the activity, I have decided to take the leap to start my own business as a freelance marketing communications partner (Rebecca Badger Marketing) so I've been spending every spare moment (which it doesn't seem like are many) getting things going for that. I will be at Edge through the end of May and then I'll be out on my own. Exiting and a little bit scary at the same time!

Okay, so not knowing a better way to update you all on the last month, I've chosen a few photos from key events in some what chronological order below. Enjoy!

Visiting the sheep barns, a favorite Corvallis spring activity.


Family time.



First day of "school".


Sporting his new Kate Quinn Organics outfit, a fast favorite (thanks, Keli!).


Building and reading, two of Cole's favorite activities.



Cole's new Boon potty bench (its never to early to start talking about potty training in my opinion!) allows him to wash his hands himself, which he loves.


Bumper car!


St. Patricks Day (a little early)


Owens 4th birthday party.


Kate and Macadam at Olivia and Ryans engagement party.


Other Cole-related updates that we don't have documentation on:
  • His favorite words these days include keys (he loves the car), stuck (pronounced "uck"), Daddy (or Daddy-uh), no (which he uses liberally), Elmo (what is it with that little red monster? kids love him)
  • Favorite activities: anything outside, reading, building towers with his blocks, playing with his barn & barn animals, running, basketball, throwing things away in the trash can (including my wallet), playing with his cousin Alex

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Congratulations Rebecca!!