Monday, June 16, 2008

Fathers Day weekend

This weekend I headed down to San Francisco for a girls weekend to celebrate with Maya, who is getting married in just a couple of weeks. It was my first overnight away from Cole!

My weekend went a little something like this:
  • Friday: met up with Maya's friends from Colorado, then met up with a few of our UO girlfriends at a place called AsiaSF where we ate before heading out dancing, ended the night at Cha Cha Cha for tapas and sangria -- YUM

  • Saturday: our limo picked us up at 10am to go wine tasting in Sonoma Valley, we visited two amazing wineries, it was hot (yay!), we drank lots of good wine, then returned home (a bit sleepy) for a relaxing evening, Maya's friend Sahar cooked us dinner, Sarah came over, hung out at the house visiting and talking about the wedding

  • Sunday: got home in time to spend some time with Cory and Cole on Fathers Day
Cole and Cory's weekend went a little something like this:
  • Friday: went out to dinner with the Klinkhammer crew
  • Saturday: Quincy's 1st birthday party in the morning, dinner @ grandma and grandpa's house

  • Sunday: breakfast @ grandma and grandpa badger's house for fathers day
An update on the latest and greatest with Cole:
  • He is an eating machine! Recently his food intake has definitely increased, both in the amount of formula that he's drinking and the amount of solid food that he's eating. He also has started eating more regular 3 meals a day (versus just dinner). And in the past couple of days he has started wanting to self-feed. He'll grab the spoon when we're feeding him and then refuses to give it back. Last night I just decided to let him do his thing to see what would happen. Pretty messy, indeed.

  • He is now completely weaned from nursing and is full-time bottle baby. I'm happy to have been able to nurse him for 8 months. He has made the switch smoothly, which has been nice.
  • He's getting quicker and quicker with crawling every day. The other morning I put him down in the middle of the floor and then went over to make breakfast. When I came back he was gone. I found him hiding behind one of our chairs on the other side of the room, playing with one of his toys. I have to admit that it scared me at first, though. I'm so used to him being where I left him!
And finally, a little Fathers Day video for you.

No comments: