Sunday, June 20, 2010

Fathers Day

Most of you know that Cory is the chef in our house. He makes some amazing food and I feel lucky to have such a wonderful husband who loves to cook. If it was up to me our menu would be rather limited ... heavy on yogurt and cereal :)

A few months back I had the idea to get Cory a new BBQ for Fathers Day (and an early birthday present). After much research I settled on the Weber Genesis. With the help of my dad and brother I had the grill waiting for him when we got home from Portland last night. He was super surprised and so happy. I should really post a photo of our old BBQ. It looks so sad and tiny next to this one! The first thing Cory did was to put the heat on high and see how hot it would get. Almost 700 degrees! He literally stood there with a big smile on his face (and beer in hand) watching the temperature gauge go up. Needless to say, he loves it! For dinner tonight he grilled up a pork roast for over 8 hours and did pulled pork sandwiches. Um, delicious.

Cole making his "funny face," which is what he says he will do for the baby when she is crying to cheer her up. Classic Cole.

Happy Fathers Day, babe! You're the best dad and husband. Thank you for all you do for us. We are so, so lucky. xo

1 comment:

Erin said...

We had pulled pork sandwiches too...
and ribs...
yum!
:)