Monday, January 14, 2008

Turning into a morning person

I've never been a morning person. I like to get up slowly (preferably as late as possible) and get ready at a leisurely pace. Well, that has definitely changed since Cole entered our lives. He likes to get up early. Sometimes 4am, which I don't even know if you can consider morning. That's more like the middle of the night. And sometimes more like 6am or 7am, which is much more manageable but still early. If it was anything else waking me up that early, I'd be grumpy. Just ask Cory. But there's just something about a baby in the morning. Once fed, Cole is the happiest little guy you can imagine. He's almost giddy. Lots of smiles and talking. You just can't help but smile yourself. No matter how tired I am, I'm immediately filled with energy. It's the best way to start the day.

This morning Cole got up at 6am, so we had a couple of hours together before I had to head off to work. As part of our normal routine, I was changing his diaper and we were chatting. As he was just lying there in his diaper I started tickling him, which I've done many times before. But this time it was different. He started laughing! It was the cutest thing I've ever heard. A little belly laugh that turned into this chuckle. It's moments like those that make it not so hard to be turning into a morning person.

No comments: